filmscanners: Re: filmscanners: HP 7400c

Ezio wrote:
> The HP6200 is broken (I actually scanned 100 times max !!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
> (150$ asked for a repair by the HP carry - in centre !!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
> I have substituted the flatbed with an inexpensive Genius Kye 50$
> worth ... and it produces good results for my purposes.
> Ready to listen to people knowing better than me the 7400 , but I
> won't buy this brand any more .. :-(((

I've had an HP Scanjet IIIc since 1995 and it is still going strong.  I've
scanned a LOT of stuff with it.  However, I understand that much more recent
models may not have the same quality.  Personally if I was going to buy
another flatbed right now I'd get a Canon - for reflective scanning they're
cheap and work very well.  For things that don't fit on the flatbed you
can use stitching software to reassemble multiple scans.  But large
transparencies
are a problem.  "Better" options might be to look at Epson or Umax for small
transparencies.  I don't know if there's anything "cheap" that will scan
a large transparency well.

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com