Re: filmscanners: Kodak Grand Central Diorama (Was: the 10 foot print from 35mm...)

Frank,

Thanks for the correction on this.  It did seem working from 35mm would
have been "a stretch", obviously more a stretch than reasonable at the
best.  I can't recall the subject matter of the ones I saw, just that
they were pretty impressive, and very large!  Do you recall what the
enlargement ratio was from the 9" x 18" film image to  _____??

Art

FrankPeele@aol.com wrote:

> The Grand Central Station transparencies were made from large format
> originals. Some were shot with 9 x 18 inch aerial cameras; the one
> featuring the U.S. Navy "Blue Angels" flying formation over (I forget --
> it was either Niagara Falls or Mt. Rushmore), for example. That one was
> the subject of a Kodak "documentary" film made at the time and used for
> promotional purposes. Showed pretty much the whole complex production
> process for the huge transparencies.
>
> All the best,
> Frank Peele
> Pacific Photographic