Re: filmscanners: Canon FS4000 scanner 'review'

Hi,
A few remarks:
> Unit has no eject button which is annoying -
Yes, the partial solution is to switch it on and off, works like eject

> scan app.  Does an awful lot of stuff in memory, so 512K RAM at least
I am using it with 256MB, for one full resolution scan works without disk
swapping (Win2000)

> Initially the scan looked
> excellent - it dragged out more shadow detail than I had seen from this
> slide before.  But when I dragged the curve up a bit to look at the detail
> more closely, the noise was pretty obvious.

If you are working on underexposed slides you should change exposure by 1 or 2
stops in FilmGet. In this case you will get normal noise level. Software
changes afterwards do not work same way. I will show on Monday some examples.

Regards

Tom

PS
Sorry for the remark about SS400, I did not want to start a small war. In each
case FARE works very well with dust and scratches. I will put some examples on
my home page.