Re: RE: filmscanners: Canon 4000 ppi film scanner

> I do not want to say that FS4000 is better choice
> but IMO scanner without infrared channel is just a mistake. You will spend
> hours
> on dust and scratches removing.

Sorry, I disagree. I recently purchased a SS4000 and, trust me, getting such a
great scanner for $450 WAS NOT A MISTAKE!!!
I don't have a ton of old dusty film and I find that scanning new slides/negs
is very easy. On average I spend about 10 seconds using a StaticMaster brush
and maybe 2-3 minutes de-spotting in Photoshop. Which is nothing compared to
the time I spend tweaking color, contrast etc.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.