Re: filmscanners: Firewire IEEE1394

At 13:03 30-10-01 +0000, you wrote:
>Svante,
>
>Thats the problem..... it isnt!

To be supported out of the box in Win2K your firewire card must be listed as:
"Texas Instruments (refers specifically to the chipset not the OEM) OHCI
Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller." That applies to the majority of
recent cards. Some cards made by Pinnacle and others are specifically
designed for video capture and don't work well for other applications. For
best performance get an Adaptec IEEE 1394 card. It's plug-and-play and will
be instantly and silently recognized.

 > Since IEEE 1394 is provided by Windows 2000 out-of-the-box,
 > I expect that the same is valid for XP.
 >
 > Svante Kleist, NEMESIS systemDesign, Stockholm

Cary Enoch Reinstein aka Enoch's Vision, Inc., Peach County, Georgia
http://www.enochsvision.com/, http://www.bahaivision.com/ -- "Behind all
these manifestations is the one radiance, which shines through all things.
The function of art is to reveal this radiance through the created object."
~Joseph Campbell

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.