Re: filmscanners: Question about Vuescan

I believe that is true to some extent, but I think the variations among negative films, especially the orange mask, would be greater than with positive images, hence needing that special treatment more.
As a matter of fact, the discussion tonight on this subject opened my eyes. I'd been using Generic color negative for Fuji Super HQ 200 negative color film. When I found that special profile, I used it, and noticed an immediate reduction in the needed adjustments in Photoshop. I wish I'd found the treasure trove before.
Hersch

At 12:44 AM 10/28/2001, you wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Maris V. Lidaka, Sr." <mlidaka@ameritech.net>
To: <filmscanners@halftone.co.uk>
Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2001 6:01 AM
Subject: Re: filmscanners: Question about Vuescan

> It's not auto-detect, but it has 16 (more than a "few") Kodak film types,
and each film type has settings under it for different speed film, etc. in
the bottom box.

> Maris

Actually, i think, Ken was referring to slide films... he's right on that
score... There's just an option for Kodak and Generic and under Kodak for
Ektachrome, Kodachrome, Reversal and RPC Copy Film.

Given the heavy slant towards the negative films, in terms of profiles,
makes one wonder if VueScan isn't primarily aimed at negative film scanning
rather than positive film?

Shunith

---