Re: filmscanners: Pixels per inch vs DPI

"Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> side by side and evaluate them.  My largest print size is 17x22 from my
> 3000.  I can see differences from "standard viewing distances" that have
> convinced me that 180+ is the minimum resolution that is acceptable to me
> for the type of work I do, if not 240+ preferred.  100 is vastly degraded.

Hi Austin,

Do you have another printer?  The reason I ask is that the 3000 is very long
in the tooth.  I had a print from Lyson demonstrating their long life inks,
and the dithering was pretty ugly compared to the Photo 700 I had at the
time.  I'm just wondering how the output from an 1160 or 1290 at 100dpi
compares with the 3000, and yes I know you can't print as big. :)

Rob

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.