Re: filmscanners: Nikon film flatness (was Glass slide mounts)

I was the first person to write about the focus problem with curved film and
the LS4000 scanner in mars 2001. Some people in the scanner group almost
hang me because of my criticism about the LS2000 and LS 4000 scanners . I
have still the  same problem when I use my  two Nikon  scanners but no
problem with my old Polaroid 35+ regarding ower all sharpness of a picture.
Take a look at
http://members.austarmetro.com.au/~julian/ls2000-focus.htm
Nice conclusion
Best regards
Mikael Risedal
Happy Nikon D1X owner (no problem with curved film , grain and dirty colors)