Re: filmscanners: best film scanner for b&w negs

I'm very, very happy with the results I get scanning in my Tri-X negs
using VueScan & my new Polaroid SS4000.

It is also able to handle the grain in 3200 ASA film.

I have already sold several prints of a negative that used to give me
fits in the darkroom.  Recently had a exhibit of my work about half
digital & half from my 25 year old Tri-X negs.

Plus it's a great buy.

hth

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001 21:04:38 +0200, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I´ve read several times that the Dmax for b&w negatives is considerably
>lower with the Nikon Coolscans than for colour negs. Which of the existing
>film scanners gets excellent results also with black and white material?
>
>Greetings Bernhard

Shawn Coggins  http://www.originalgimp.org/index.htm
http://www.herronparkhorsetrials.org/

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.