Apache-Talk @lexa.ru

Inet-Admins @info.east.ru

Filmscanners @halftone.co.uk

Security-alerts @yandex-team.ru

nginx-ru @sysoev.ru

      :: Filmscanners

Re: filmscanners: High End Scanner Prices

To the list:

Do the math for a 2"  2" image scanned with the Minolta MF scanner at
360 dpi:

(3600 dpi  2)  360 = 20"  20".

At 240 dpi, you get:

(3600 dpi  2)  240 = 30"  30"

With either the Nikon or Polaroid medium-format scanners you get at 360 dpi:

(4000 dpi  2)  360 = 25"  25"

and at 240 dpi, you get:

(4000 dpi  2)  240 = 37.5"  37.5"

I would like to see a comprehensive critical user review of the Minolta
3600/4800 dpi MF scanner. Anyone willing?

-- Victor Landweber

>In any case I will wait for more user reviews and discussions about the
>Monolta, then I will decide, but I think of it as a 3200dpi scanner for MF
>and 4800 only for 35mm - 3200 is fine for 6x6 or 6x7, it gives a 50" x 50"
>file at 360dpi - that is already huge, dont need 4800 - the files would be
>hard to handle.
>For 35mm the higher resolution is more interesting, as 35mm is a small neg
>size for big prints.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.