RE: filmscanners: Laptop configuration

Arthur wrote:

>> Do you have a USB connection on your laptop?

Yes, I've got two. :-)

But obviously scanning requires a large amount of throughput and USB
isn't the fastest i/face in the world. So if anyone made a firewire
scanner it would be preferable...

Steve wrote:

>> This may or may not be relevant but there is no USB with NT.

Yes & no - NT4 and previous don't support USB (unless you can find 3rd
party drivers). But since Win2K USB support has been native in NT. I'm
running Windows XP on the laptop, so it's not an issue.

Thanks

Mark

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.