filmscanners: Silverfast Calibration Problem

Hello all. I'm hitting a wall as I try to run the Silverfast calibration
routine.  After prescanning the IT-8 target slide, I click the Calibration
button and get the proper dialogue.  After correctly adjusting the scan
dimensions, I click the "Start" button, but calibration does not run.
Instead I get a "Select Reference File" dialogue which is pointed to a
folder named "IT8 Reference Files".  The folder is empty.

I've got Silverfast vers. 5.2.1 running on a Win ME machine.  Photoshop 5.5,
SS4000.  Any suggestions?

Joel W.