filmscanners: Is IT8 Data transferrable?

My Agfa Duoscan came with a set of IT8 transparency and reflective
targets and a matching set of IT8 data files for plugging into their
ColorTune program. Can I use these with other scanner calibration
software? If so, which?

I've opened the data files in a text editor and they consist of a
table containing a data row for every Sample ID patch on the target
(287) and 8 columns including: xyz_x, xyz_y, xyz_z, LAB_L, LAB_A,
LAB_B, LAB_C, LAB_H.

Another question: I've tried to correlate the figures in these tables
with PS onscreen densitometer readings but can't get anything
meaningful.

DaleH

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.