Re: filmscanners: Scanning Agfa Scala

Scala is equally good pulled to 100 and will indeed offer less contrast, but
I normally use it at 200 and above.  Scala is like any slide film in that
you get one shot at the image and no opportunity to alter things during a
printing stage.  As with colour slides, deep shadows are preferable to blown
highlights, but I normally expose for the lightest area where I want to get
highlight detail, which is not necessarily the brighest part of the framed
image.  But then, I guess you know this already.

Give it another try, and you really must view the slides through a projector
to get the full impact of Scala.

Simon

Steven Chambers wrote:

> Simon,
>
> Thanks for posting the images which I think are impressive. I have only
used
> one roll of Scala but I made the mistake of exposing for the shadows. You
> have inspired me to try again. Have you seen any advantages in pulling the
> film down to 100? My first and only attempt at Scala rated at 200 produced
> lot contrast in the images which you seem to have avoided.
>
> Steve Chambers
> steven.chambers@btinternet.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.