Re: filmscanners: Jenoptik scanner - quick response please?

Stay away from it.  I don't know anyone who was happy with it.  It
claims 2400 dpi, but that's stretching it.  It is sold under a number of
names, such as Artiscan here in Canada.  It has a parallel interface
which means it is slow as molasses in the winter.

The SS4000 is several orders of magnitude better quality.  A medium
priced flatbed would do better than the Jenoptik.  You do not want it,
no matter what the price, unless you don't ever plan on printing your
scans.

How's that for a quick response?

Art

Mark Otway wrote:

> On Special offer at Scan today. ( http://www.scan.co.uk/today.htm )
> Jenoptik JS21 35mm Film/Slide Scanner   £133.00
>
> Can anyone give me any opinions on this scanner? Obviously any feedback
> would be appreciated ASAP, since the offer is only on today.
>
> I've a feeling that my original choice (a Polaroid SS4000 from the US)
> would still be better, but you never know...
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark
>
> .

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.