Re: filmscanners: Silverfast Ai and Silverfast HDR

So does this mean that we should whine to Germany for $45 updates?

The U.S. and Germany companies had better get their stories straight on this
one.  The internet is too small a world to give preferential treatment to
one customer and not offer the deal to others.  Didn't they think that he
would tell?!  <duuh>

I agree with Owen that IMO this amounts to deceptive advertising and
packaging.  When you release a software product on a single CD and require
that to get the most from a scanner you have to use the two products
together; I'd consider them a joined-at-the-hip solution.  It's mighty
convenient that Lasersoft has denoted them as seperate products.  That is
marketing and packaging, pure and simple.   If they'd priced the upgrade at
$90, it would be easier to deal with .  Then we'd be complaining about
excessive upgrade fees, especially for incremental functionality :-)

Oh, and policies can be changed; they're not laws of physics.

Now, is Polaroid going to come through with some sort of solution?  I
thought I remembered an unofficial announcement that something was in the
works.

Skip

****** I M P O R T A N T   R E P L Y   I N F O ************
Please adddress ALL offlist messages to skipwilliams@pobox.com
This hotmail.com email address is ONLY used for this mailing list
subscription and I will probably not notice any private messages addressed
here.