Re: filmscanners: CanoScan FS-2710 or other low cost film scanner

Ritz,

You should seriously consider the Polaroid Sprintscan 4000. They can be
found for around $700 with a $200 rebate, making the final cost around $500.
You won't find any scanner in the same price range that is close -- 4000dpi
makes a huge difference.

Try www.ecost.com  That's where I bought one and many others here did too.
They're on closeout, as the model is being replace, but I bought my
'original' one for $1400 and still thought it was a great deal.

Tom

> I am new to the mailing list and if it's not the right question to ask, I
> apologize.
>
> I want to get an affordable film scanner to convert my negatives to
digital
> format. Since I am not a professional in any respect, something less than
> US$500 should be pretty good for me if they scan negatives well.
>
> I heard negative scanning performance of CanoScan FS-2710 is not good. If
> anyone has experiences with the same or any other low priced film scanner
> with regards to negatives, I will really appreciate any suggestions.
>
> Thanks,
> Ritz

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.