filmscanners: Scanner Buying Dilemma

I had been considering buying either the Nikon 8000 or the Polaroid
Sprintscan 120. The Nikon has not been readily available while the Polaroid
has. Each have had positive and negative things said about them. However,
the Nikon's banding issue and Polaroid's financial situation makes a
decision about either difficult.

Very recently I read about the Minolta Dimage Multi Scan Pro and have been
impressed with its very impressive specifications. However, I have not been
able to find any independent reviews or commentary about it anywhere.

Of the three which one would the scanning experts on this list choose? Why?

I look forward to read your suggestions and thoughts about each. I am
anxiously looking forward to scan my inventory of 35mm and 2 1/4 slides and
negatives. Hopefully then being able to get a few prints worthy of being
framed for the few empty spaces on the walls of my home :-).

Thanks

Peter Palmer

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.