filmscanners: Canon 2710 with Wiziwyg

Greetings to all!

Hope you can offer some advice:

I use a Canon 2710 scanner with a profiles generated with Wiziwyg program.  I
scan mainly Velvia films (very frustrating sometimes!).

1.  I notice that profiled images exhibit more "noise" and uneven textures
when examined closely, especially in darker slides/areas.  Is this expected
of Wiziwyg profiles?  Is there any way around this?

2.  For profiling the scanner, I set the scanner to a stable and fixed
condition (via Vuescan) and feed the image clean into the profiling program.
Do we usually have to set black/white points before profiling?  If so, how
should be go about this?

Many thanks.  Hope to hear from you soon!
SM

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.