RE: filmscanners: Importance of Copyright on Images

> Austin writes:
>
> > Please show proof of a "common" (or any for
> > that matter) 5k+ modem from 30 years ago.
>
> The usual practical achievable speed today is about 33K bps.
> Thirty years ago,
> it was about 2400 bps over slightly conditioned lines, and 1200 bps over
> unconditioned lines, a difference of about 30:1.

That is completely wrong.  There were no 2400 baud modems in 1971.

> > 30 years ago, modems were barely 110 baud,
> > and they were not modems, they were acoustic
> > couplers.  30 years ago is 1971.
>
> Hardwired modems existed in 1971, and even before.

So what?  Actually, that's now a change of story...but none the less, there
weren't 2400 baud modems in 1971.  You just do not know what you are talking
about.

> They were not
> widely used
> because the Bell System wouldn't allow it.

And now you are an expert on the US Bell System too!  My my!

As I've stated, you just don't know what you're talking about, and arguing
(nothing with you is a discussion.  You've said this is "debate club" for
you) with you is nothing more than a waste of time.

The reason you aggravate me, and have done so to near everyone on the other
list you have decided to play your games on, is because you make arrogant
claims of knowledge that are just incorrect.  No matter how many times and
how many people point out you are wrong, you either ignore it, or change the
rules.  People get fed up with that behavior.  Believe me, though you claim
innocence and benevolence, a lot of people know better.  You are like
wrestling with a tar baby.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.