Re: filmscanners: NikSharpener Pro

Tom & Brian

I've scanning at 300 dpi using NikSharpener pro on slides.  I'm then
printing my images 13x19 on an Epson 1280.  I do not get any dark or light
lines around my images, and feel that the results are natural looking and
not at all artifical.  There are three levels of degree of sharpening.
Usually I use the middle level, but on some images the lower and higher
levels have been more suitable.

Martin

> From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@attglobal.net>
> Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 18:01:50 -0500
> To: <filmscanners@halftone.co.uk>
> Subject: Re: filmscanners: NikSharpener Pro
>
> Brian,
>
> Honestly, it is too soon for me to answer than question. The scanning I've
> done with it so far has been low-res web scanning.  I certainly haven't
> noticed the boundary problems you described. I have not, however, scanned
> for printing at full resolution.  Once I do that, I'll let post more
> results.  For the purpose I've used it so far, I've been very pleased.
>
> Tom
>
>> Tom,
>> I find your comments intriguing. Could I ask a few questions? I find
>> that when I sharpen using Photoshop tools, there is oftentimes an
> artificial
>> dark or light line (sharpening artifact) that appears at the juxtaposition
>> or boundary of a dark and light area. This causes me to spend a good deal
> of
>> time cleaning these things up. Does this this sharpening plugin eliminate
>> this problem? If it does I would say the price was worth it. I would be
> most
>> interested in your observations on this.
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> Brian

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.