Re: filmscanners: Importance of Copyright on Images

Harvey writes:

> In a word, yes.....to both questions.

Interesting.  I am surprised that anyone would be willing to pay for a thumbnail
image.  Web-resolution images are easier to understand, but even if that is a
source of revenue, why would putting them in a search engine make them any more
likely to be stolen than leaving them on your site?

Personally, I have a very hard time finding buyers for Web images; most people
want them for free, and even if they are willing to pay, they don't want to pay
much.  I cannot cover my costs with what people are willing to pay for a Web
image, which is one reason why I still shoot film (high-resolution images, such
as those obtainable from film, are worth much more than Web-resolution images,
and since they are not themselves on my site, they cannot be stolen).

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.