Re: filmscanners: OT:X-ray fogging

Anthony Atkielski wrote:

> Harvey writes:
>
> > Your ignorance is showing here.  Roller transport
> > development is inherently more likely to scratch
> > film than dip & dunk.
>
> I addressed possibility, not probability.
>
> > Shame on you!
>
> See above.

But life and business plans on based on probabilities. We should do what we can
to minimize the problems.
None of us would be in business very long if we were to just go to the cheapest
place for processing.

I can't imagine telling a client, after them paying us $20,000 (US) for a day's
work, and spending an
additional $20,000 on models, studio rentals and expenses etc., that their film
was scratched (because we went
to a cheap processor) and unusable.

>From your comments, I have a hard time believing that you are a professional
>photographer, perhaps you are
not,  and *that* was the incorrect assumption on my part!

Harvey Ferdschneider
partner, SKID Photography, NYC

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.