Re: filmscanners: OT:X-ray fogging

Robert writes:

> Wrong. You don't know what you are talking
> about. Don't spread rumors that are not true.

You should mention that to Kodak, since that is my source.  I thought that they
knew something about film, but perhaps you know more; you should inform them
that they do not know what they are talking about, before the spread any more
misinformation.

For examples of Kodak's "rumors," see:

http://www.kodak.com/cluster/global/en/professional/support/techPubs/cis98/cis98
.shtml
http://www.kodak.com/country/US/en/motion/support/technical/xray4.shtml
http://www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/support/technical/transportation.shtml

Fogging is a danger especially in checked luggage, but _also in hand-carried
luggage_.  The effects are cumulative, but sometimes a single exposure will fog
film.  The Kodak site provides a few examples of the damage caused by the
"rumors."

The only way to protect completely against possible fogging by x rays is to not
carry undeveloped film at all.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.