Re: filmscanners: RE: filmscanners: VueScan Problem

Hi Rob,

I'm one of those users that try it straight out of the box. If it doesn't
work then I check the settings and try again. I haven't kept up on all the
releases, but I have downloaded them religiously. This is the first time
the default settings wouldn't open in ACDSee. But then I haven't used
VueScan in about two months or so.

Maybe I'm not understanding it completely. Why is compression a default
setting for a scan? If I didn't own Photoshop, I would probably be using
either PSP or PhotoImpact. If the files generated by VueScan didn't open in
either graphics program I would be unable to use VueScan. Luckily we have
this forum as a source of information and technical support.
Thanks, Tony....

Larry

>I don't know if Ed has changed the compression used, but the compression
>settings in Vuescan since about version 7.0 have been impossible to open
>in Paintshop Pro, but can be opened in Photoshop.

Larry Berman

http://BermanGraphics.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.