Re: filmscanners: New auto adjust software on it's way

>I never claimed their examples had any aesthetic quality, but I do think the
>software appears to be pretty impressive.
>
>Save image 25 or 26 and see if you can get anywhere near the processed
>example they show you.
>
>Steve

I admit it is amazing what it does, especially in the saving of
images of subjects outside the dynamic range of the picture taking
system. 25 and 26 are amazing for creating a picture out of nothing.

My reaction was that some of the "befores" were much more pleasing
than the "afters". Spy cam clarity at any cost is not always the best
way to go.

My other reaction was the question, "Who is this for?"   If by some
momentary lapse, mini-stroke, or fainting spell someone should
produce one of the before pictures, most, on this list, would
probably just toss it as they went through the pictures in their
hospital bed.  Would you have really pushed the shutter button with
25 or 26 in your viewfinder?

Winsor
--
Winsor Crosby