filmscanners: Re: filmscanners: Vuescan - crop files missing

Chris wrote:
> In comparing the two files, I found that cropped TIFF is usually
> closer to what I need than the raw scan TIFF-- primarily in the
> balance of light and dark tones (I'm scanning B&W).

Ah, that makes sense; if it's silver based B&W it's just monochrome so inverting
it isn't a challenge.  The only differences between the raw file and the
crop file would be whatever profile Ed applies for the scanner and whatever
you chose for the film, and they'd probably be subtle for B&W.  I confess
I haven't done much scanning of silver based B&W - I don't have many such
negs and the LS30 isn't really up to the task.

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.