filmscanners: SilverFast Causes Crashes

Has anyone been able to use SilverFast Ai as a Photoshop plug-in with a
Polaroid SprintScan 120 medium format scanner to create large 48-bit files
approximately 500 MB in size?  When I try, I get the message, "Photoshp has
caused an error in <unknown>.  Photoshp will now close."

If I crop the prescan image so that the generated file is 200 or 300 MB, then
Photoshop works properly.  Only large files cause problems.  Insight is able
to send 500 MB files to PS, so I'm inclined to thing that it's a SilverFast
problem.

I'm using a PC with Windows Me and have 512 MB of RAM.  Photoshop is
allocated 75% of the RAM and it uses a separate hard disk drive with 20 GB
dedicated to it for scratch area.  I've tried using the same scratch area for
SilverFast as well as having SilverFast use the C: boot drive for a scratch
area, but it made no difference.  I've reinstalled SF and PS software, but
that didn't help either.  Anyone have any ideas?

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.