Re: filmscanners: Back to Basics

> mahimahi wrote:
>
> Looking for suggestions as to the best way keep the film flat while
> scanning. Thought about glass mounts but I do not mount my images as
> the mounts tent to crop the image.
>
> have both a Nikon LS1000

For most scanners film flatness is not critical due to adequate DOF, but
some Nikons suffer from limited DOF, so the problem does exist.  Someone
here or on the other scan list mentioned that one plastic mount, I
believe made by Gepe, which had some adhesive in it, seemed to help in
keeping slides flat.

Glass mounts introduce other problems, such as 4 extra surfaces for dust
and dirt, sometimes autofocus or focus problems due to their thickness,
possible breakage of the glass, and other problems.

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.