Re: Getting around the firewire problem was Re: filmscanners: Best film scan.

Derek writes:

> Well, that's why you plan for upgrades in advance
> rather than having to do them at the last moment.

I can't do that unless the vendors of the upgrades do that, too.

Besides, why should I plan for upgrades?  I plan a system that does the job, and
so it should never need an upgrade.  I don't plan my car purchases in advance.

> What are you going to do if your motherboard dies
> with no notice?

Try to find money to buy another computer, the same as I would do if a meteorite
hit it.  But that doesn't mean that I plan to hasten its demise.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.