Re: filmscanners: Best film scanner, period!!!

It's not obvious to me why configuring NT routing isn't exactly the same
problem as configuring a bought-in router, just with different syntax.

NAT has some limits on what applications you can use on the Internet
connection, so it's not a no-brainer.

Also I'm trying to work within the budget expressed, an NIC is far cheaper
than a router.

mp@dccnet.com (Moreno Polloni) wrote:

> > It's not good to bring an always-on Internet connection straight onto
> > an
> > internal LAN, you need something running firewall software in the way.
>
> I'd normally suggest a router doing NAT, plus firewall software on each
> PC,
> but I believe there were some price objections somewhere along the way.
>
> > Two NICs in the main machine is the way to go.
>
> Only if you know how to individually set them up.  A router is still a
> good
> idea.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.