RE: filmscanners: Best film scanner, period!!!

> > I don't mean this to come across snide, but do
> > you actually know what a density range of 0-3.4
> > means?
>
> Yes.  It means 12-bit output,

It does not necessarily mean a 12 bit output...

> which gives a _theoretical_ dynamic range of
> 4096:1, or log(4096)=3.6, for density range.  (A range of 3.4 actually
> corresponds to about 2500:1.)

Glad you understand what a density ratio represents.  Now, how do you know
that the Polaroid does not have a better density range than the Nikon?  Did
you actually verify this through testing?  As I said, if you are going by
the data sheets, the numbers are useless.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.