RE: filmscanners: film vs. digital cameras - wedding/commercial p

> > a microlens
> > >
> > > That's nice, now try producing one.
> > >

> > We made and tested them 5 years ago.  Then my company decided
> > that they were
> > not interested in pursuing micro-optics and dropped this line of
> > research.
>
> Made and tested is not the same as going into production.  How many pixels
> per inch were your prototypes, and how many pixels wide and tall?

This was just a small research project intended to demonstrate the
feasibility of the concept.  There array consisted of around 100 by 100
lenslets.  I do not remember what size the lenslets were.  All work stopped
before mating the array to the CCD.  This is sufficiently far from film
scanning that I am not going to make any more replies here.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.