Re: filmscanners: re: filmscanners: Vuescan

Not all versions of Vuescan behave the same with respect to
SCSI refreshes. I had the following exchange with Ed on
3Mar01...

----
> I notice that in the current Vuescan v6.7.5 on Win98, I no
longer have to
> refresh the SCSI interface if I switch on my Scanwit 2720s
scanner after
I've
> started the computer.
>
>  This is a valuable feature, about which I haven't heard.
Have I missed an
> announcement, or did it happen a long time ago?

Ed said....

I don't recall doing anything to make this work (I didn't
even know
that it worked).  I suspect it's some side effect of some
Microsoft
code that I call to get a list of scanners.

On all recent versions I *have* had to do a 'refresh' after
switching the scanner on. I'm now on 98SE instead of Win98,
but I don't think that's anything to do with it.

Regards,

Alan T