filmscanners: NOTICE: Minolta Scanner owners past and present

As some of you know who have been reading my threads, I have been
through two Minolta Dimage Scan II scanners within the last few weeks,
without being able to get one which works up to the expected level.

It would appear I have gotten the ear of the upper Minolta people (at
least here in Canada), so this is a chance to voice any concerns you
have with recent Minolta film scanner models, and I will forward that
info to my contact.  I have already sent him several edited and
anonymous postings from this and the scan.leben list, which are being
evaluated.

If you own, or have owned, any of the last two generations of Minolta
film scanners and have had or have problems, please let me know.   This
includes the following models:

Minolta Scan Multi, and Multi II
Minolta Scan Dimage version I (SCSI) and Version II (USB)
Minolta Elite

What I am particularly interested in is if you had calibration problems
causing intermittent streaks of mis-coloration

Lazy pixels which show up on dark slides or light negs and cause streaks
from one pixel to many across the vertical (longer) length of the film.

Noise in the scan, and particularly green noise in the dark or shadow
areas of slides

Mechanical problems

Software bugs in the scanner driver

Anything else of interest.

Please let me know what scanner you own/owned, how often the problem
occurred, how you resolved the problem (if you did).  If the product was
still under warranty when you discovered the problem(s).  Was Minolta
involved in an exchange?  What type of computer system you are running
and what OS.

How old is your scanner?  Have you ever determined what caused any
defects you encountered?

Please write me in private mail only, as not to flood this list with
stories.

Thanks,

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.