RE: filmscanners: Vuescan Blue's

I suggest that you have set Vuescan to "White Balance".  It it taking the
yellow of the sand (which I guess is the brightest part of the image) and
"neutralising" it to look like a shade of grey (i.e. pure white in the bright
spots).  That's what the 0.1% white point is doing.

Change Vuescan so that it is in "Neutral" and re-scan.  Or change the white
point to 0.0%.  Or, do both!  I have this feeling they won't do the same thing
- but I can't test it as I'm away from my PC/scanner/Vuescan.

These darn "auto white balance" algorithms (scanner software and digicams)
just don't seem to understand the difference between large areas of a single
colour and lighting which is causing a colour cast.  Can't those boffins work
that one out?  Eh???!!!

Jawed

>===== Original Message From Alan Womack <arwbackup@worldnet.att.net> =====
>I'm still trying to figure out why my scans with Vuescan have too much blue
in them..  But that is a side note to a current roll I am working on.

>It is my kids at the beach, the sand is more yellow than gray, but Vuescan is
giving me pretty aweful color.  Wondering what some of you others use for
color settings when working with Beach pictures?

>Currently I'm on:
>
>Autolevels
>gamma .8
>Brigtness 1
>Negative Advantix 100-2
>Black point 0
>white point .1%
>
>Without the advantix 100-2 I have NO saturation, even with this I have to
pump saturation up 26 points to start getting some tone to the skin.

>Blue is above green in the image, which is below red reasonably.
>
>thoughts?
>
>alan
>

>Epson Inkjet Printer FAQ: http://welcome.to/epson-inkjet

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.