RE: filmscanners: Nikon IV test results

So, some questions Mike:

1. how would you alter my conclusions on my website?

2. which slide films do you think the LS40 has enough DMax for?

3. your results from Vuescan's Slide setting seem radically different from
those I got - what gives?

4. will you continue to investigate multi-scanning from Vuescan if you can
sort out the OD problem you are having?

5. for scanning slides, is the LS40 better or worse than you were hoping
for?

My apologies for being completely DUMB.  I never noticed the Kodachrome
setting in NS during my tests, when I was scanning Kodachrome.  ARGH!!!!
I'm rather annoyed at that.  Sorry.  Wonder what difference it makes...

[rummage]

Hmm, yes, worth it (just) in the shadows - showing slightly less blocking in
the sample I posted.  Also notably more "yellow" but not horrible yellow.
Looks brighter, overall and slightly "punchier" i.e. slightly higher
contrast - though doesn't seem to have blown highlights.  Sorry guys.

Jawed

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.