From: Tim Atherton [mailto:tim@KairosPhoto.com]
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2001 3:30 PM
To: filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
Subject: Re: filmscanners: Canon FS4000 problems

Just a thought - is your monitor a high quality one and fully calibrated with Photocal or some such software?

I used my older Canoscan FS2710 (which I still love) and my Epson 1640 on a monitor I was stuck with for ages (lack of cash...) And things often came out dark. Just couldn't make the monitor lighter. When I go a new fancier monitor (and calibrated it with Photocal) it was like night and day - literally.

Anyway just a though.

Tim A