Re: filmscanners: Silverfast vs Nikon Software?

At 13:17 14-08-01 +0000, you wrote:
>Cary wrote:
>>This technique can help many balky applications to run correctly on Win2K.
>
>This (below) sounds like a good answer to a bad problem. Before I try it
>on my next install, though, has anyone here tried this type of "custom
>installation" on Win98?

The technique probably won't work on Windows 98 or NT either because it
takes advantage of a feature of Windows 2000's System File Protection. It
may work on X-pee and possibly on Windows Me but I haven't seen any
documentation to that effect.

http://windows2000.about.com/compute/windows2000/library/tips/bltip228.htm
>>This technique can help many balky applications to run correctly on Win2K.

Cary Enoch Reinstein aka Enoch's Vision, Inc., Peach County, Georgia
http://www.enochsvision.com/, http://www.bahaivision.com/ -- "Behind all
these manifestations is the one radiance, which shines through all things.
The function of art is to reveal this radiance through the created object."
~Joseph Campbell

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.