Re: filmscanners: Custom ICC printer profiles

On Fri, 10 Aug 2001 19:44:54 EDT   (JFMahony91@aol.com) wrote:

> i have trouble profiling my epson also. in the settings i use no printer
> and let photoshop do the adjusting and them waste paper. i feel that
> photoshop is better that epson. is this right? joanna

It's supposed to be, since PS is capable of reprofiling where the Epson
printer driver CM is naffed (for the 1200, on PC). However the 1200 profile
is poor, as well, which means neither route works well.

Later printers (1270,1280,1290) are supposed to be OK - you just have the
usual Epson foibles to contend with.

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner info