filmscanners: Re: filmscanners: Why not sRGB ?

Steve wrote:
>not sRGB, but I can' t help thinking that we will only ever achieve a
>reasonable match unless printers, scanners, monitors and eyes improve their
>colour gamut too.

To some extent it's a question of cost.  It's possible to calibrate the
scanner, the monitor and the printer electronically without involving the
human eye.  Most people can't afford the equipment required to do it, however.

Incidentally speaking of gamut, my LS30 doesn't seem to have turquoise in
its colour space.  I have some Provia 100F slides with gorgeous turquoise
ocean in the background, but in scans it just comes up blue and dull. :(
 I'll have to try one of the slides on the SS4000 at work and see if there's
a difference (other than ppi).

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com