RE: filmscanners: Nikon 8000

> > My Polaroid SS4k DID have a dust problem...dust settled
> >on the film, no matter what I did.
>
> I don't think the scanner has a problem with dust - but you may.

The film was perfectly clean, and my Leafscan does not have this problem at
all and it's in the exact same environment.  It is caused by the scanner
design.  The inside of the scanner collects dust, and it is not
removed...nor can it be cleaned...  I would say any scanner that doesn't
have filtered air clearing the airborne dust from inside of it will have
this problem...especially if you can't easily clean the scanner every now
and then...

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.