Re: filmscanners: Custom ICC printer profiles

Tony wrote:

>I have wasted maybe 100hrs mucking about with profiles and stuff on a 1200,
>read shedloads, tried the various things Ian Lyons suggests, and got
>nowhere. All I have to show for it is 200+ rotten test prints. Not one was
>acceptable.

I really should not weigh in here, but I've had many similar costly results
from similarly costly references. This, I think, is what has made me into a
"Curmudgeon" (although the lovely Mrs. ktrout says I'm "born to it"). :-)

At the end of the day, *what works* is what works. That's a whole lot easier
to type than it is to put in practice. What works for me is probably *not*
what works for Ian Lyons, and vice versa. Feel free to substitute any name
for either of the the above (although "Vice Versa" isn't really a proper
name).

Still and all, the suggestions I see on this List are taken seriously, and
much appreciated.

Best regards--LRA