Re: filmscanners: reply regarding Sony 420 G monitor

>tweak
>
>Is this stuff necessary?  I discovered that under Win98SE just about any
>fully supported video card can do the required gamma adjustments.  The
>monitor doesn't have to do anything AFAIK. :-7  The profile just tweaks the
>RGB levels.

I'm running Win98 with an NVidia TNT2 card, and don't see anything in the
monitor controls that resembles a "tweak" or gamma adjustment. It has even
been known to "loose" the monitor driver altogether due to rogue software.
My Trinatron's accessible controls are "brightness" and "contrast." As I
said, I may be looking in the wrong places.

Best regards--LRA