Re: filmscanners: Bad CCD elements - was Scan Dual II Bad Elements

Al Bond wrote:

> This is all very familiar.  When I got my Scan Elite 18 months ago these sort
>of CCD
> defects were very obvious in the green channel with only very little gamma
>and white
> point adjustments.  I got it repaired under warranty and it seemed much
>improved
> (although not perfect) and generally usable.

Much snipped...

Dear Al,

Thank you very much for this detailed commentary and the solution you
came up with.  Both are much appreciated.

It seems to me Minolta has a problem with either their CCD supplier, or
more likely, their method of calibrating the CCD elements.  I am going
to try to pursue this further with Minolta, and I will let the list know
if I get anywhere with them about it.

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.