Re: filmscanners: (anti)compression?

In a message dated 8/7/2001 4:37:51 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
geoffmurray@primus.com.au writes:

Roger,
       Go to PS6 Edit-preferences-saving files and tick enable advanced
features. That will give you the extra Tiff file options.

Geoff

Thanks, Geoff, and to all the others who gave me hints.  I have to admit that
I've been so busy using Photoshop that I haven't had time to learn how to use
Photoshop, if you know what I mean.  Now that I've almost got my SS120 medium
format scanner working (still waiting on SilverFast to answer some questions)
my file sizes are going to get substantially bigger and lossless compression
becomes important.  Looks like PNG may have an advantage over LZW TIFF for
storage, though I understand a lot of older browsers can't read PNG, so it's
been slow to reach the web.  I'll be doing some experimenting to see which
works best for me.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.