filmscanners: SilverFast Upgrade Disaster

Does anyone know if the $45US upgrade includes both SilverFast Ai and HDR?
Or do we have to spend $45 for each, for a total of $90?  SilverFast isn't
responding to my e-mails and they aren't answering my questions at their
forum site.

I think they're busy with their meltdown over serial numbers and faulty
passwords.  No one seems to be able to get what they paid for, serial numbers
don't work, etc.  I paid my $45 thinking the upgrade was good for both Ai and
HDR, but their download site implies otherwise.  I haven't been able to do
any downloads because the password and user name they gave me after I paid my
$45 don't work.  Both of my scanners are off-line right now because I don't
want to go through the effort of another IT-8 calibration if the upgrade
destroys the calibration.  (It did when I installed the SS120.)  By the way,
the SilverFast download site implies that they'll only upgrade for the SS120
on SCSI, and not if connected via Firewire.  Can't get them to tell me if
that's true or not.

My recommendation would be that no one have anything to do with SilverFast
until they get their house in order.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.