Re: filmscanners: Best digital archive medium for scans?

Before CD-R came along, I was advocating people use separations for Wedding Photos, and other similarly precious images. However, I was taken to task on that on the grounds that reproducing color images from separations is quite expensive. I have no reason to doubt that iut is inmappropriate as a general archive, just to be used for the irreplaceable family treasures.
Hersch