Re: filmscanners: Best digital archive medium for scans?

Hi Bob!

> I'm curious, why do you trust MOD more than CDR?
> MOD will probably never become standard nor inexpensive.

There are various MOD standards and some of them a older than CDR. All over the
world MOD jukeboxes have been used and are still used to store and archive
digital data.

MODs are definitely more reliably than CDRs because the data is stored in a
complete different way. On a CDR the data is stored by changing the optical
characteristics of an organic dye. This dye will grow old an fade out some how
just like film. On a MOD the data is stored by changing the
magnetic orientation of a ferro magnetic meterial. This will not fade. To
change it very high temperatures and high magnetic fields are needed.

cu
Flo

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.