Re: filmscanners: reply regarding Sony 420 G monitor

Pat writes ...

> Someone had asked about the Sony 420 monitor's ability to adjust color
> channels from the front panel. I answered that my 420GS doesn't but I just
> noticed that with my new PC, my new video card allows that capability. ...

    It is hard to imagine this Sony monitor not having the ability to tweak
the individual guns (... is this some type of "consumer" model? ...).  The
adjustment is usually in the context of manually adjusting the "temperature"
or "whitepoint" (... e.g., 5500, 6500, etc ...).  It is claimed (...
probably not noticeably ...), that adjusting the hardware is better than
letting software adjust the color look-up-table (ref: Real World PS6)

shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.